We aspire for the well-being of people, the health of the planet, and the advancement of prosperity – recognizing that each element is intertwined and essential for the overall balance.
As Canadians, there are numerous reasons for us to take pride, whether it’s our outstanding quality of life, diverse culture, or breathtaking landscapes. However, our impact on the environment is significant, and it’s crucial to find ways to live in harmony with nature.
At Sustainable Nickel , we advocate for Canadians to cherish and safeguard the Earth. History demonstrates that as technology advances, so does our capacity to adapt in sustainable ways. Residing in a country blessed with a well-educated workforce and abundant natural resources, we can plan for the future and take action not just for ourselves but for generations to come.
This future encompasses Canada’s natural resource industry, which plays a vital role in our communities, economy, and environment. Striking a balance among these three aspects is imperative; we must equally support and safeguard them from coast to coast to coast.
For a stronger and better Canada, we require sustainable solutions that consider people, the planet, and prosperity. At Sustainable Nickel, we envision a future that harmonizes all these factors.
Expanding the Diversity of the Energy Industry
Celebrating both the cultural diversity and rich natural resources of Canada, our nation takes pride in a multifaceted heritage that significantly contributes to our exceptional quality of life. Among these resources, non-renewable energy has played a fundamental role in sustaining Canadian livelihoods for many years and will continue to be a vital component of our economy in the foreseeable future.
Nevertheless, recognizing the importance of a diverse economy is crucial for our adaptability, environmental protection, and the sustained prosperity of present and future generations in Canada. We are committed to maintaining a delicate balance among our communities, economy, and environment—the triad of values that define sustainability. This commitment ensures the well-being and prosperity of Canadians from coast to coast.
Exploring various promising natural resources, such as nuclear, wind, solar, tidal, geothermal, and biomass from wood waste, Canadians are actively engaged in developing sustainable solutions that contribute to the well-being of both people and the planet.
Facts About Canada’s Climate in Action
- Canada holds the 4th position on the Global Cleantech Innovation Index 2019, actively contributing to the expanding global market for clean technology projected to reach $2.2 trillion by 2022.
- Researchers at the University of Calgary are pioneering the development of a revolutionary rechargeable lithium-ion battery, displaying significant potential for efficient long-term energy storage dedicated to renewable sources.
- Presently, Canada relies on non-emission sources, including hydro, solar, wind, and nuclear energy, to fulfill approximately 82% of its electricity demand.
- Nuclear energy, boasting zero greenhouse gas emissions, constitutes about 15% of Canada’s total electric power generation.
- The imminent cost reduction of solar power compared to coal is anticipated, promising a decline in carbon emissions and offering financial benefits to global investors and consumers.
- Electricity Transformation Canada is actively engaged in collaborative efforts with wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and other complementary technologies to formulate an economically viable and efficient smart electricity grid plan.